WHO CONTROLS YOUR INFORMATION?
WHAT INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT?
HOW DO WE USE YOUR INFORMATION?
WILL YOUR INFORMATION BE SHARED WITH ANYONE?
HOW LONG DO WE KEEP YOUR INFORMATION?
DO WE SELL YOUR INFORMATION TO OTHERS?
HOW DO WE PROTECT YOUR INFORMATION?
DO WE TRANSFER YOUR INFORMATION TO A DIFFERENT COUNTRY?
WHAT ARE YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS?
DO CALIFORNIA RESIDENTS HAVE SPECIFIC PRIVACY RIGHTS?
HOW DO WE PROTECT THE PRIVACY OF CHILDREN?
HOW CAN YOU RECEIVE AND OPT OUT FROM MARKETING COMMUNICATIONS?
DO WE RESPOND TO DNT SIGNALS?
HOW CAN YOU CONTACT US?
Any information or other data provided to or gathered by BuildBoss is controlled by:
1795 W Broadway #106
Idaho Falls, ID 83402
Company collects and/or has collected over the past twelve (12) months the following categories of information about you and other users of the Services:
In Short: We collect personal information that you provide to us.
We collect personal information that you voluntarily provide to us when you register or use the Site or Services, when you express an interest in obtaining information about us or our products and Services, when you participate in other activities (such as by making a purchase, posting messages, or entering competitions, contests, or giveaways), or otherwise when you contact us.
The personal information that we collect depends on the context of your interactions with us and the Services, the choices you make, and the products and features you use.
In particular, we collect the information that you provide through the use of our bid management software and the Site.
All personal information that you provide to us must be true, complete, and accurate, and you must notify us of any changes to such information.
We have collected the following categories of personal information in the past twelve (12) months:
Contact details, such as name, email address, password, photo, phone number, postal address, and fax number, company name and logo, and website.
B. Personal information categories listed in the California Customer Records statute
Name, contact information, education, employment, employment history and financial information
C. Protected classification characteristics
Gender and date of birth
D. Commercial information
E. Biometric information
Fingerprints and voiceprints
F. Internet or other similar network activity
Browsing history, search history, online behavior, interest data, and interactions with our and other websites, applications, systems, and advertisements
H. Audio, electronic, visual, thermal, olfactory, or similar information
Images and audio, video, or call recordings created in connection with our business activities
I. Professional or employment-related information
Business contact details in order to provide you our services at a business level, job title as well as professional qualifications
J. Education Information
Student records and directory information
K. Inferences drawn from other personal information
Inferences drawn from any of the collected personal information listed above to create a profile or summary about, for example, an individual's preferences and characteristics
L. Content you make public
Company collects information from you that you voluntarily upload for public display ("Public Information"), such as when you interact with Company on social media. Once you submit Public Information, neither you nor Company are able to control how it may be copied, shared, or used by third parties, even if you and/or Company later delete such Public Information. Accordingly, you should carefully consider what personal information you choose to include within your Public Information.
M. Other information
We may collect content that you share with other users through our messaging tools, you may provide us with additional information through a web form or by updating or adding information to your account, by participating in community discussions, member chats, surveys, inquiries, dispute resolution, customer service calls recorded with your consent, or if you contact us for any other reason regarding our Services. We may collect other data that we are required or entitled by applicable law to collect and process and that we need for your authentication or identification, or for the verification of the data we collect.
N. Company information
If you are using the Services on behalf of a company or business, we may collect the following information: single bonding capacity, aggregate bonding capacity, total backlog, working capital, revenue for last year, largest completed project, net cash flow, EMR, TRIR, DART rate.
We may also collect other personal information outside of these categories in instances where you interact with us in-person, online, or by phone or mail in the context of:
• Receiving help through our customer support channels;
• Participation in customer surveys or contests; and
• Facilitation in the delivery of our Services and responding to your inquiries.
In Short: Some information — such as your Internet Protocol (IP) address and/or browser and device characteristics — is collected automatically when you visit our Site.
We automatically collect certain information when you visit, use, or navigate the Site. This information does not reveal your specific identity (like your name or contact information) but may include device and usage information, such as your IP address, browser and device characteristics, operating system, language preferences, referring URLs, device name, country, location, information about how and when you use our Site and other technical information. This information is primarily needed to maintain the security and operation of our Site, and for our internal analytics and reporting purposes.
The information we collect using cookies includes:
• Log and Usage DataLog and usage data are service-related, diagnostic, usage, and performance information our servers automatically collect when you access or use our Site and which we record in log files. Depending on how you interact with us, this log data may include your IP address, device information, browser type and settings and information about your activity on the Site (such as the date/time stamps associated with your usage, pages and files viewed, searches and other actions you take such as which features you use), device event information (such as system activity, error reports (sometimes called 'crash dumps') and hardware settings).
• Device/Internet Connection Information When you use the Services, we automatically gather information made available by your web browser, internet service provider, and device, depending on your settings for each. For example, we may collect information about your hardware and software, namely, your device model, operating system version, device memory, advertising identifiers, unique application identifiers, apps installed, unique device identifiers, browser type, language, battery level, and time zone. We may also collect information related to any social media accounts that you link to the Services and from any of our partners that integrate with the Services through API. For more information, you should visit those Third-Party Services’ respective privacy policies.
• Internet Activity Information When you interact with the Services, we may collect information about your server logs, access dates and times, operating system, browser type, IP address, languages, clicks, views, engagements, search terms, or pages viewed, time spent on pages, browsing history, search history, and information regarding your interaction with a particular website, page, application, feature, or advertisement, including the Services.
We collect information from you through third parties or other sources, such as third-party service providers who specialize in data enrichment services and social media. We may collect the following types of information from third parties: identifiers, transaction, and payment information (such as when you have your payment information saved in your web browser); device/internet connection information; internet activity information; and geolocation information.
In Short: We process your information for purposes based on legitimate business and commercial interests, the fulfillment of our contract with you, compliance with our legal obligations, and/or your consent.
“Information” as used in this privacy notice refers to both personal information and information automatically collected. We use information collected via our Site and Services for a variety of business and commercial purposes described below. We process your information for these purposes in reliance on our legitimate business interests, in order to enter into or perform a contract with you, with your consent, and/or for compliance with our legal obligations. We indicate the specific processing grounds we rely on next to each purpose listed below.
We use the information we collect or receive:
• To provide our Services. We may use the information we collect from you to provide our Services, including by providing a directory for finding companies, offices, users, and projects; a system that streamlines the process of sending invitations to bid to specific individuals at specific companies and for sending bids/quotes through the system; to provide a system to handle messaging; to provide a system to handle requests for information and responses to requests for information.
• For security. We may use the information we collect from you and other users to detect security incidents, protect against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity, and identify and prosecute those responsible for that activity.
• Fulfill and manage your orders. We may use your information to fulfill and manage your orders and payments made through the Site.
• Deliver and facilitate delivery of Services to the user. We may use your information to provide you with a requested service.
• Respond to user inquiries/offer support to users. We may use your information to respond to your inquiries and solve any potential issues you might have with the use of our Services.
• To improve the Services. We may use the information we collect from you and other users to improve the Services. For example, we may consider analytics, demographics, and user feedback to determine the demand for new features.
• To personalize your user experience. We may use information, such as from Cookies, to authenticate your logins, determine whether you are logged in or not, allow you to set personal preferences when using the Services, and make it so you don’t have to reenter the same information when you visit the Services several times within a short timeframe.
• To advertise to you. We may use information gathered through cookies and web beacons, including those placed by Third-Party Platforms, to deliver ads to you via the Services, and after you’ve left the Services, including advertising specific to your personal interests. The purpose of this practice, which is sometimes called “Personalized Ads,” “retargeting,” or “remarketing” is to deliver content and advertising that is of interest to you and to avoid displaying irrelevant advertising. You can better learn about such collection and advertising practices, including how to revoke your consent to Personalized Ads, at the following websites: www.youronlinechoices.com/uk/your-ad-choices
• To build a profile. We may create new information about you by drawing inferences from the information identified in Section 2, such as to create a profile about you reflecting your preferences. Such information and profile may be used for advertising purposes.
• To advertise to others. We may share your reviews, comments, and other content uploaded by you to advertise and market our Services, including by reposting reviews to advertise the Services.
Company only processes your information to the extent that is necessary to accomplish the above-stated business and commercial purposes, which serves as our legitimate interest. Our legal bases for processing your information include (a) legal purposes, such as to resolve legal disputes or investigations, (b) performance of a contract (and including any pre-contractual measures), such as if you make a purchase using the Services, and we need to facilitate completion of your purchase, (c) other legitimate interest, such as displaying advertising and recommendations that may be of interest to you, and (d) any basis with your consent, such as if you provide your email address to receive marketing emails.
In Short: We only share information with your consent, to comply with laws, to provide you with services, to protect your rights, or to fulfill business obligations.
We may process or share your data that we hold in the following situations:
• Consent: We process and share your data if you have given us specific consent to use your information for a specific purpose. This includes consent for the Services as outlined.
• Services: Information will be disclosed to provide the Services. For example, General Contractors can send invitations to bid for Projects. Before sending an invitation to bid, information and documents that relate to the Project will be uploaded. After invitations are sent, General Contractors may correspond via messages and through the RFI (Request for Information) section of a Project. All this information, unless otherwise noted, is shared with Bidders.
Bidders will also be able to update their bid status, message other users, and submit RFI’s including submitting bid/quote documents, through the system. All of this information, unless otherwise noted, may be shared.
• Service Providers: We may disclose your information with our service providers pursuant to a written contract between us and each service provider.
• Legitimate Business Interests: We may process your data when it is reasonably necessary to achieve our legitimate business interests. When we use your information for a “business interest,” it means such use is reasonably necessary and proportionate to achieve an operational purpose of the Company such as for undertaking internal research for technological development and demonstration.
• Performance of a Contract: Where we have entered into a contract with you, we may process your information to fulfill the terms of our contract.
• Legal Obligations: We may disclose your information where we are legally required to do so in order to comply with applicable law, governmental requests, a judicial proceeding, court order, or legal processes, such as in response to a court order or a subpoena (including in response to public authorities to meet national security or law enforcement requirements). • Vital Interests: We may disclose your information where we believe it is necessary to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding potential violations of our policies, suspected fraud, situations involving potential threats to the safety of any person and illegal activities, or as evidence in litigation in which we are involved.
• Business Transfers: We may share or transfer your information in connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of company assets, financing, or acquisition of all or a portion of our business to another company.
• Business Partners: We may share your information with our business partners to offer you certain products, services, or promotions.
• Other Users: When you share personal information or otherwise interact with areas of the Site or Services, such personal information may be viewed by all users and may be publicly made available outside the Site or Services in perpetuity. If you interact with other users of our Site or Services and register for our Site through a social network (such as Facebook), your contacts on the social network will see your name, profile photo, and descriptions of your activity. Similarly, other users will be able to view descriptions of your activity, communicate with you within our Site, and view your profile.
Most web browsers are set to accept cookies by default. If you prefer, you can usually choose to set your browser to remove cookies and to reject cookies. If you choose to remove cookies or reject cookies, this could affect certain features of the Services or our Site. To opt-out of interest-based advertising by advertisers on our Site visit http://www.aboutads.info/choices/.
We will only keep your information for as long as it is necessary for the purposes set out in this privacy notice, unless a longer retention period is required or permitted by law (such as tax, accounting, or other legal requirements).
When we have no ongoing legitimate need to process your information, we will either delete or anonymize such information, or, if this is not possible (for example, because your information has been stored in backup archives), then we will securely store your information and isolate it from any further processing until deletion is possible.
In Short: We aim to protect your information through a system of organizational and technical security measures.
We have implemented appropriate technical and organizational security measures designed to protect the security of any information we process. However, despite our safeguards and efforts to secure your Information, no electronic transmission over the Internet or information storage technology can be guaranteed to be 100% secure, so we cannot promise or guarantee that hackers, cybercriminals, or other unauthorized third parties will not be able to defeat our security, and improperly collect, access, steal, or modify your information. Although we will do our best to protect your information, the transmission of information to and from our Site is at your own risk. You should only access the Site within a secure environment.
In Short: We may transfer, store, and process your information in countries other than your own.
We have servers located in the United States. If you are accessing our Site, please be aware that your information may be transferred to, stored, and processed by us in our facilities and by those third parties with whom we may share your personal information (see "WILL YOUR INFORMATION BE SHARED WITH ANYONE?" above), in the United States.
In Short: In some regions, such as the EEA and UK, you have rights that allow you greater access to and control over your information. You may review, change, or terminate your account at any time.
In some regions (like the EEA and UK), you have certain rights under applicable data protection laws. These include the right (i) to request access and obtain a copy of your information, (ii) to request rectification or erasure; (iii) to restrict the processing of your information; and (iv) if applicable, to data portability. In certain circumstances, you may also have the right to object to the processing of your information. To make such a request, please use the contact details provided below. We will consider and act upon any request in accordance with applicable data protection laws.
If we are relying on your consent to process your information, you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time. Please note however that this will not affect the lawfulness of the processing before its withdrawal, nor will it affect the processing of your information conducted in reliance on lawful processing grounds other than consent.
If you are a resident of the EEA and you believe we are unlawfully processing your personal information, you also have the right to complain to your local data protection supervisory authority. You can find their contact details here: http://ec.europa.eu/justice/data-protection/bodies/authorities/index_en.html.
If you are a resident of the UK, the contact details for the data protection authorities are available here: https://ico.org.uk/.
If you are a resident in Switzerland, the contact details for the data protection authorities are available here: https://www.edoeb.admin.ch/edoeb/en/home.html.
In Short: Yes, if you are a resident of California, you are granted specific rights regarding your information.
You may access all information we’ve collected and retained about you for purposes of correcting, amending, downloading, or deleting such information. Access can be obtained by submitting a Privacy Request through the Contact Us portion of our Site or contacting us at [email protected] or 833.268.8860.
To protect your privacy and security, we may take reasonable steps to help verify your identity before granting access, making corrections, providing you with information, or deleting information.
In most cases, the easiest way to access and correct the information we have collected about you is to make the change yourself. If you need assistance or are unable to make the desired change, you may submit a Privacy Request or contact us at [email protected] or 833.268.8860.
You have the right to request that Company disclose the following to you:
• The categories of information we have collected about you;
• The categories of sources from which the information is collected;
• The business or commercial purpose for collecting or selling information;
• The categories of third parties with whom we share your information; and
• The specific pieces of information we have collected about you.
To request such a disclosure, please submit a Privacy Request through the Contact Us portion of our Site or contact us at [email protected] or 833.268.8860.
You have the right to request that Company delete any Information about you that we have collected from you. To make such a request, please submit a Privacy Request through the Contact Us portion of our Site or contact us at [email protected] or 833.268.8860. California Shine the Light Disclosure Under California’s “Shine the Light” law, California residents who provide information to the Site may request certain information regarding our disclosure of your information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please submit a Privacy Request or contact us at [email protected].
We will not discriminate against you if you exercise your privacy rights under the CCPA.
Upon receiving your request, we will need to verify your identity to determine you are the same person about whom we have the information in our system. These verification efforts require us to ask you to provide information so that we can match it with information you have previously provided us. For instance, depending on the type of request you submit, we may ask you to provide certain information so that we can match the information you provide with the information we already have on file, or we may contact you through a communication method (e.g. phone or email) that you have previously provided to us. We may also use other verification methods as the circumstances dictate.
We will only use the personal information provided in your request to verify your identity or authority to make the request. To the extent possible, we will avoid requesting additional information from you for the purposes of verification. If, however, if we cannot verify your identity from the information already maintained by us, we may request that you provide additional information for the purposes of verifying your identity, and for security or fraud prevention purposes. We will delete such additionally provided information as soon as we finish verifying you.
You can designate an authorized agent to make a request under the CCPA on your behalf. We may deny a request from an authorized agent that does not submit proof that they have been validly authorized to act on your behalf in accordance with the CCPA.
To exercise these rights, you can contact us by email at [email protected], submit a Privacy Request, or by referring to the contact details at the bottom of this privacy notice.
If you have a complaint about how we handle your data, we would like to hear from you.
In Short: We do not knowingly collect data from or market to children under 18 years of age.
We do not knowingly solicit data from or market to children under 18 years of age. By using the Site, you represent that you are at least 18 or that you are the parent or guardian of such a minor and consent to such minor dependent’s use of the Site. If we learn that personal information from users less than 18 years of age has been collected, we will deactivate the account and take reasonable measures to promptly delete such data from our records. If you become aware of any data we may have collected from children under age 18, please contact us at [email protected].
By providing your email address to Company through the Site, Services, or an email initiated by you, you consent to receive emails from us, including information concerning your account and advertising messages. Depending upon your location, we may obtain additional consent from you via a checkbox disclosure or an email requesting confirmation before you can receive such information.
Most web browsers and some mobile operating systems and mobile applications include a Do-Not-Track ("DNT") feature or setting you can activate to signal your privacy preference not to have data about your online browsing activities monitored and collected. At this stage, no uniform technology standard for recognizing and implementing DNT signals has been finalized. As such, we do not currently respond to DNT browser signals or any other mechanism that automatically communicates your choice not to be tracked online. If a standard for online tracking is adopted that we must follow in the future, we will inform you about that practice in a revised version of this privacy notice.
If you have questions or comments about this notice, you may contact us at:
1795 W Broadway #106
Idaho Falls, ID 83402
|This cookie is set by GDPR Cookie Consent plugin. The cookie is used to store the user consent for the cookies in the category "Analytics".
|The cookie is set by GDPR cookie consent to record the user consent for the cookies in the category "Functional".
|This cookie is set by GDPR Cookie Consent plugin. The cookies is used to store the user consent for the cookies in the category "Necessary".
|This cookie is set by GDPR Cookie Consent plugin. The cookie is used to store the user consent for the cookies in the category "Other.
|This cookie is set by GDPR Cookie Consent plugin. The cookie is used to store the user consent for the cookies in the category "Performance".